Sugar-Free Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 8 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine the first four ingredients. Line pie plate with bottom crust; add apples. Pour juice mixture over apples; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or an apple shape in top. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Increase oven to 400°; bake 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 337 calories, 17g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 fruit, 1 starch.
May 20, 2019
ToH apple pie winner. Go-to recipe; simple, fast, and another chance to use my hand cranked peeler!
Dec 22, 2015
This is my go-to apple pie recipe. I have only had rave reviews and I make this all the time. If you don't tell anyone that it's sugar free then they will never know. Add some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla and you will satisfy everyone!
Dec 4, 2015
I made this pie for Thanksgiving since my husband has limited his sugar intake. I followed the directions exactly and it was absolutely delicious. He loved every bite. Sssh, don't tell anyone it is sugar free and they'll never know. I'm sure I will be making this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Feb 15, 2014
This pie was very good. Had compliments on it.
Nov 26, 2013
Making this for second time!! It was absolutely delicious! I used Pillsbury rolled pie crusts and half Granny Smith and half Fuji apples! Adding a little agave today!!
Nov 28, 2011
Using the apple juice is a great idea . When I use just sugar substitutes the pies seem dry. This would help solve that problem.
Nov 27, 2011
I made this pie for my familys Thanksgiving feast. No one in the group even knew that this was a diabetic apple pie. I did make one small flavor change. I used cranberry apple juice concentrate instead of just apple juice concentrate. It gave the pie a really nice added flavor. This pie was even great the next day.
Nov 23, 2010
My husband is an Apple Pie expert and he could not tell that it was not made with real sugar.