Apple Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Place apples in pastry shell. Combine the sugar, flour and cream until smooth; pour over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 361 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 21, 2014
This is so good & easy.
Nov 9, 2013
Delicious. I would add more apples next time. Since I had no whipping cream I used just 2% milk; it may have taken a little longer to thicken but still made a delicious filling. I'm wondering if using an egg would make it more custard-like.
May 13, 2013
I confess I am writing this w/out having made the recipe but I had to thank the person who posted this. My grandmother used to make this wonderful pie and I have searched for the recipe for years (I recognize the ingredients but didn't know about proportions). It is a wonderful and easy pie and I thank you for sharing.
Jan 13, 2010
The first time I made this recipe & it was a Huge Success. Being a diabetic, I became brave & I actually used only 1 Cup of Splenda in place of the sugar, 2 C of heavy whipping cream & 6 tbs of flour. I also added cinnamon to the cream while I was mixing it. This gave the filling more of a custard like texture. The apples & 1 C of splenda made it sweet enough. This was absolute perfection!! Thanks
Oct 29, 2009
I made this pie for my family recently and not only was it extremely quick to whip together, but they absolutely LOVED it! I made the Apple Crumble Pie recently as well and although that also was very delicious, hands-down, they all preferred this Apple Cream Pie! It's especially yummy when it's still warm and topped with vanilla ice cream!
Jan 4, 2009
Absolutely a wonderfully delicious moist apple pie. My family of 40+ loves it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.