Apple Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Place apples in pastry shell. Combine the sugar, flour and cream until smooth; pour over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 361 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 21, 2014
This is so good & easy.
Nov 9, 2013
Delicious. I would add more apples next time. Since I had no whipping cream I used just 2% milk; it may have taken a little longer to thicken but still made a delicious filling. I'm wondering if using an egg would make it more custard-like.
May 13, 2013
I confess I am writing this w/out having made the recipe but I had to thank the person who posted this. My grandmother used to make this wonderful pie and I have searched for the recipe for years (I recognize the ingredients but didn't know about proportions). It is a wonderful and easy pie and I thank you for sharing.
Jan 13, 2010
The first time I made this recipe & it was a Huge Success. Being a diabetic, I became brave & I actually used only 1 Cup of Splenda in place of the sugar, 2 C of heavy whipping cream & 6 tbs of flour. I also added cinnamon to the cream while I was mixing it. This gave the filling more of a custard like texture. The apples & 1 C of splenda made it sweet enough. This was absolute perfection!! Thanks
Oct 29, 2009
I made this pie for my family recently and not only was it extremely quick to whip together, but they absolutely LOVED it! I made the Apple Crumble Pie recently as well and although that also was very delicious, hands-down, they all preferred this Apple Cream Pie! It's especially yummy when it's still warm and topped with vanilla ice cream!
Jan 4, 2009
Absolutely a wonderfully delicious moist apple pie. My family of 40+ loves it.