Apple Crumb Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the apples, butter, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into pastry shell.
- For topping, in a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 380 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 2, 2018
Great pie! I needed more than 6 apples to make 6 cups but otherwise made as written.
Nov 24, 2016
Made for Thanksgiving 2016 when I realized I didn't have enough pastry for a double crust apple pie. Husband went crazy for this version! I loved the crumb topping. Two thumbs up, and a simple recipe to make. Followed directions, but used a orange versus a lemon as that's what I had on-hand.
Jan 6, 2016
This recipe is so good that my husband keeps asking for it and my neighbor asked for the recipe. The best pie recipe! It's not too sweet and not too watery inside. Only drawback- the crumbs dont come out big enough and I have done this recipe three times now.
Nov 27, 2014
I love this recipe. It is always a hit with family and guests! I follow the recipe exactly.
Oct 27, 2013
Awesome pie, easy to make, everyone loved!
Oct 9, 2012
Very delicious. The sour cream makes it have a creamy taste. I might even add more next time. Simple to make but oh so good. I also added some apple pie spice.
Jan 13, 2012
When I read the recipe I was a little skeptical about sour cream, but this is a really good pie. The whole family enjoyed it.
Dec 2, 2011
My husband absolutely loved it!
Jul 9, 2010
This pie tastes great but unfortunately it fell apart on me.
Jan 2, 2010
Fanatastic pie. Have made this many times.