Cranberry Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add apples and cranberries; toss gently. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll the remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut vents in pastry, using a small apple cutter if desired. Place over filling; seal and flute the edges.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 521 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2018
Just made this pie and it is scrumptious! I even forgot the butter, but it still is my new favorite pie! Granny Smith apples and fresh cranberries make an unbeatable combination, just a little tart, yummy!
Nov 23, 2017
Flavor was great, but mine didn't set either as others have stated. I followed the directions exactly. I used braeburn apple and don't know if the type of apple make a difference or not. The flavor is good so I might give it another try with a different type of apple.
Oct 5, 2015
Loved it!!! Perfect combination of sweet and tart.... will be making this regularly... thanks for sharing!
Jan 17, 2015
Will make this pie again and again. Was loved my all. Thank you so much.
Nov 8, 2013
We loved this pie! It didn't set up for me, so next time I will add more cornstarch, but the flavor was so good that it still gets five stars! I'll certainly be making it again - probably on Thanksgiving!
Feb 22, 2012
I would make this recipe again, again and again. Made it with no changes at all. My boyfriend and mom loved it. Used 50% sugar and 50% Slenda to lower sugars.
Nov 29, 2011
The perfect combo of sweet and tart! We loved this pie!
Nov 6, 2011
Super easy! I followed the instructions exactly, no variation and was surprised at not only how easy this pie was to make, but how incredibly wonderful it tasted! HUGE hit with my hubby! Definitely will be making again!!
Oct 18, 2011
Loved the flavor of this pie- however mine didn't set up so I guess next time I will add more cornstarch. It was very runny, but so delicious I will make it again!!
Mar 21, 2011
I substituted Splenda for Baking for the sugar, Pie was excellent, Unbelieveably great. Splenda made it Diabetic Friendly also. I made another for a potluck and had to give out the recipe to several people.