Cranberry Pear Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, syrup and butter until smooth. Add pears and cranberries; toss to coat. Spoon into crust.
- For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- Cover edges of crust loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Remove foil; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 483 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2012
Delicious! And, so easy. I did not have maple syrup in the house, so I used pancake syrup which worked fine. I would definitely make this recipe again, especially for the holidays.
Jan 27, 2010
At Christmas, everyone raved about this pie! The nutty crumble on top really ties it all togeather, and the cranberries add a special pop in opposition to the pears. The maple gives a unique sweetness unlike a spiced pie.
Dec 10, 2009
Brought this to Thanksgiving Dinner. Everyone loved it, even those who don't like cranberries.
Nov 25, 2009
This pie was absolutely scrumptious! I took it to our Thanksgiving service and received rave reviews. The cranberries add a nice tartness and the pears were delicious.
Nov 21, 2009
Good recipe. Pear is sort of bland and the cranberries add a nice tart.