Cranberry-Cherry Nut Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. For filling, mix first eight ingredients. Unroll one crust into a 9-in. pie plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Unroll remaining crust onto a work surface; make cutout vents using small cookie cutters. Place top crust over filling; seal and flute edge. Decorate top with cutouts. Brush with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cover edge with foil during the last 30 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 482 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 29, 2015
Perfect!I had leftover homemade cranberry sauce and some frozen sweet cherries so I used what I had. I only added .25 cups sugar and it came out perfect. Thanks!
Dec 2, 2014
One of the best pies I've made. Easy to make
Dec 20, 2012
This is an excellent tasting pie. Everyone that tries it loves. A favorite of mine, the only thing I do differently is use Pillsbury rolled pie dough. I make it using the star cutouts too ... very festive!
Dec 12, 2011
I made this with an extra cup of cranberries and left out the nuts. Also made a crumb topping instead of the crust suggested, using1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup margarine and 3/4 cup flour. It was wonderful and gone fast!!!
Nov 29, 2011
Everyone thought this was the best recipe they ever tasted in a pie...great combination. I left out the nuts for my allergic friends and they gobbled it up! Will definitely make this a new tradition!
Nov 28, 2011
Really yummy. Everyone loved it because it had the little tartness from the cranberries and the crunch of the nuts (which I toasted first)
Nov 23, 2011
Very Easy & Very Delicious!
Nov 22, 2011
SO EASY and SO beautiful!! Baked at 375 for 40 minutes --beries peeking out around edges!! River House Condo neighbors in Daytona Beach FL will LOVE THIS ONE!!
Nov 20, 2010
This Recipe is everything you feel and think about Fall in your mouth! I know your saying "what" right now...but trust me this pie is AMAZING!
Oct 26, 2010
I made this simple yet yummy pie! My husband says it is one of the best berry pies he has ever had!