Cranberry Cherry Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups cranberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Milk and additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pie filling and cranberries. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Pour filling into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in pastry or cut out stars with a star-shaped cookie cutter. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Arrange star cutouts on pastry. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375°for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 417 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 10, 2017
Many compliments!! made as written but with homemade crusts
Mar 8, 2016
i made this pie for a dinner party. Everyone loved it! It is not so sweet as a regular cherry pie, which is a good thing! I would highly recommend this recipe.
May 10, 2014
I have made this pie on numerous occasions and shared it with family and friends. It always gets rave reviews and is a snap to put together.
Nov 1, 2013
This is my sons favorite pie for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have been making it for about 8 years and it is a big hit every time.
Oct 23, 2008
This pie was a huge hit at Thanksgiving last year, and I intend on making it again. It was very easy to make.