Cranberry Cheese Crumb Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- CRANBERRY LAYER:
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll the crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Spread evenly into crust.
- In a small bowl, mix cranberry layer ingredients; spoon over cream cheese mixture. For topping, in another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over cranberry layer.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust and topping are golden brown. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 512 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2018
Oh. My. Goodness. This pie was very good. My husband stated that a few times while eating his slice, and I agreed. It's not too sweet/rich, yet not actually light, but just right in my opinion. I used homemade cranberry sauce left over from Thanksgiving and it set it off nicely. My only suggestion would be to add some more cranberry sauce, maybe 1/2 more. Because it made good sense to me, I did what the other reviewer suggested and baked the 1st layer for 20 minutes, then added the 2 remaining layers and finished the baking time...approx. 25-35 minutes more. So good! I will be making this again at holiday time. Thank you Lorraine, no doubt your family is fortunate to have you cooking and creating for them!
Aug 14, 2016
This pie is outstanding. I made no changes. I couldn't get enough of it. It's going into my yearly seasonal pies for sure.
Nov 23, 2015
This pie is absolutely fantastic. I will be serving it for Thanksgiving dessert.
Nov 12, 2015
I prepared this recipe for the first time! I did use an unbaked 9" prepared pie shell which I'd allowed to thaw for 15 minutes at room temperature. I did add 1 tsp. lemon extract to the cream cheese filling and I had used the 1/4 cup lemon juice as recipe directed. For the cranberry layer, I added 1 Tbsp. ground Navel orange to the cranberry sauce for added flavor in addition to the brown sugar and cornstarch. I used only 1/4 cup chopped pecans since not everyone eats nuts or is allergic to nuts. I used a pastry blender to mix the crumb topping. I think, though, that I just might have to bake this pie as the other reviewer did-20 minutes for the first layer and 25 minutes for the last 2 layers and reduce lemon juice to 1 Tbsp.! Some of the filling did overflow onto the foil! (Luckily, I did put foil under the pie and placed the pie on a baking sheet!) I'd say that this recipe is a really lovely dessert for Thanksgiving AND for any special occasion! I think it could even be used for a Christmas dessert! Thank you, Lorraine Caland, for sharing your recipe! delowenstein
Oct 9, 2015
Wow, this pie is absolutely delicious. Best pie I ever had. I had to make some changes in the recipe I guess because of my climate. I only use half the lemon juice it was calling for. It was to soupy to add the second layer, so I had to bake first layer for 20 minutes. Then added the last two layers then bake for 25 minutes. I also add 1/4 cup oatmeal to the third layer, because I just love oatmeal in my crumb toppings. I also made my own pie crust instead of store bought. This is worth the extra effort in a great crust.If your looking for a pie for Thanksgiving dinner this will be the perfect one. I'm baking my second pie now my family absolutely love it and demand for another pie.