Cranberry-Almond Apple Pie
This recipe is a family treasure. My grandmother made this treat for the holidays. It's much better than everyday apple pie. — Maxine Theriauit, Nashua, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, butter, nutmeg and salt. Add apples and cranberries; stir gently. Pour into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 453 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry-Almond Apple Pie in Taste of Home December/January 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.