Cranberry Walnut Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Dash salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place cranberries in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in brown sugar, walnuts, melted butter, flour, orange zest and salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 672 calories, 38g fat (19g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 12, 2015
Jul 4, 2015
So delicious and different. This was a hit at my pie party. I have given out the recipe many times!!
Apr 4, 2013
WOW! Great pie and the flavors blend beautiful! I made this for Easter dinner (had cranberries frozen from December). You definitely want to use "brown" sugar and not white. Would recommend this pie highly!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.