Apple-Berry Crumb Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and butter; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 13-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In another bowl, combine pie filling, cranberries, lemon juice and cinnamon. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 400 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 19, 2010
I have never made a pie before, but I thought this was a very easy recipe. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the apple and cranberry combination, but I loved it! My boyfriend loved it so much that he asked me a few days later if we still had any more pie, and when I said we ate it all already, he was dissapointed. I told my mom about this pie, and we are planning on making a few of them for Thanksgiving. I definitely recommend to try this pie recipe.
Nov 1, 2010
Took this tailgating. The college kids LOVED it. My daughter requested I make it Thanksgiving
Oct 28, 2010
I tried it w/ peach pie filling, only 1/2 cup dried cranberries and baked it for the lesser times given. I liked it as well as apple.
Sep 25, 2010
Very tasty and easy!
May 20, 2010
Tasty quick recipe. I used raisins the second time I made it. Will make it again.
Nov 23, 2009
So quick & easy. Everyone loved it!
Nov 7, 2009
Awesome! Easy to make and is delicious! We loved it!!