Peanut Butter Crumb Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine the pie filling and lemon juice; spoon into pastry shell.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in peanut butter and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 355 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 24, 2014
Really great pie recipe for beginning bakers. I love the peanut butter and apple combo, very delicious!
Apr 3, 2013
Just great,i added oatmeal for the topping,just 1/2 cup
May 8, 2012
Very simple and quick to make. Also tastes great!!!
Oct 16, 2009
I love the combination of peanut butter and apples, so I was so excited when I found this recipe. But instead of using pie filling, I made my own. Also, I made my own pie pastry, so I didn't prebake it and just increased the baking time to 40-50 min. It turned out wonderful! I didn't have any chunky peanut butter, so I had to use creamy, but it was still excellent!