Peanut Butter Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan, cook pudding and milk over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, cut peanut butter into confectioners' sugar until small crumbs form. (Peanut butter consistency may vary; add additional confectioners' sugar if necessary.) Set aside about 2 tablespoons of crumbs; sprinkle remaining mixture into pie shell. Pour pudding over crumbs. Chill until set. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 411 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2018
This is easy to make
May 23, 2015
Made it with chocolate pudding and loved it. It is rich, like all peanut butter pies are. Will make this again.
Feb 22, 2015
The directions don't go along with the ingredients or the reviews: It calls for a pastry shell but refers to "crumbs" being set aside for the topping??? Reviewer talk about "peanuts" but that is not consistent with the recipe either. I really like that this is one peanut butter pie recipe that is actually far lower in calories than all others!
Apr 5, 2014
A five-star pie for sure! I always use the chocolate pudding in this, and sometimes up the chocolate factor even more by using chocolate whipped cream on top instead of regular. It reminds me of a pie our family has enjoyed at a New England truck stop. I just adapted this recipe this week to make a layered dessert in a 13x9 pan rather than a pie, to make more servings. It turned out great! I agree with a previous reviewer -- it should chill at least 4 hours for the best flavor and consistency.
Jul 1, 2013
I just love this recipe. It is quick and easy but tastes so good, especially to a peanut butter like me. I will sometimes drizzle chocolate sauce over each slice just before serving. I also have made a banana-PB variation of this pie by substituting banana pudding mix for the vanilla or chocolate and also adding slices from 2 peeled bananas to the bottom of the baked pie shell.I always chill it at least 4 hours (if not longer) before serving in order to make sure that it is well set and slices nicely.The crumb filling/topping of this pie is so good!
Jan 12, 2013
My husband and I really like this pie. I do not add the peanuts though.
Jan 2, 2013
went down well with the boys will make again
Jun 15, 2012
5 STARS!!! Excellent recipe. I've been making this for years and it never fails to please. Everybody loves it! Almost as good with chocolate pudding, some might say it's better ...