Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Peanuts, optional
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of wafer crumbs for garnish. In a bowl, combine the sugar and remaining crumbs. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a bowl, combine ice cream and peanut butter. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into pie shell. Top with reserved crumbs and peanuts if desired. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 467 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 1, 2011
I doubled the amount of peanut butter and mixed in some mini chocolate chips. Made this for my daughter's birthday and everyone enjoyed it.
Oct 15, 2009
If you increase PB to 1 cup and eliminate topping, you have a pie I've made many times over the years. Use prepared graham cracker crust, and it's even easier. Just sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over top.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.