Peanut Butter Pie Cookies
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 15 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- For cookies, in a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white. In another bowl, mix crushed cookies, flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly to 1/2-in. thickness. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb. Fill each with 1 rounded teaspoon filling.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until filling is almost set. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle generously with melted chocolate. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 18, 2019
Mine turned out very gooey and spread out almost flat. The second dozen, I put in the freezer before baking them. I also baked them a little longer. They turned out better. I tried a second batch and added a little more flour. They were better. The peanut butter filling does not spread out, so how you put it on the cookie it will be that way after it it baked. Don't know how they got them to be perfectly round in the center.