Peanut Butter Pie Cookies
I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, but my favorite—peanut butter pie—is tough to eat on the go. I dreamed up these cookies to get my favorite flavor combo in a bite-size package. They can be made ahead and taken to any holiday gathering. —Ashley Moyna, Elkader, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 15 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- For cookies, in a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white. In another bowl, mix crushed cookies, flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly to 1/2-in. thickness. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb. Fill each with 1 rounded teaspoon filling.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until filling is almost set. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle generously with melted chocolate. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Pie Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.