Peanut Butter ‘n’ Jelly Cookies
"This classic combination makes a great sandwich cookie," says Margaret Wilson, Moreno Valley, California.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Jam or jelly
- In a bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Spread jam on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 114 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 1998