Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first four ingredients until blended. Add vanilla; beat in eggs one at a time. Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture (dough will be sticky). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass.
- Bake cookies until set and tops are cracked, 8-10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 86 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 7, 2016
Great taste. Easy recipe
Apr 26, 2016
These cookies taste absolutely delicious! My kids absolutely loved them. My only complaint is that they're a bit crumbly. They definitely have no chewy factor. Maybe this is because I used all natural peanut butter? Regardless, they taste great, even if the texture isn't really my thing.
Jan 24, 2016
The chunky peanut butter is the best! The little peanuts and big peanut butter flavor really shine through in this cookie. GREAT recipe!
Sep 25, 2013
Feb 17, 2013
Yummy!!! Would n ot believe these are lower in fat and calories. Going in my cookie keeper box.
Dec 8, 2012
Ahhhhh, finally, cookies I can make and enjoy myself. Noticed this recipe is **diabetic friendly** (well suited for this gal). Thank You for sharing,TOH!!
Nov 27, 2012
Very good recipe... excellent.
Oct 4, 2012
Just made these with my boys and they are wonderful. Crunchy on the outside & moist in the middle. I just can't bring myself to make a cookie recipe that call for 3/4 cups of butter. Another great thing about this recipe is that its easily made vegan. I substituted the eggs for two flax seed eggs, with great results. I heat my flax and water for 40 seconds or so in the microwave to get the consistency of eggs before adding to cookies. Worked like a charm;)
Apr 15, 2011
it has a mild peanut butter taste which for me is great! an low carb, although you would never know . I have made these a few times an my hubby really likes them thanks for sharing
Nov 26, 2010
Very easy to make and were delish!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.