Apple Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated peeled apple
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 108 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 13, 2017
My 3 year old grandson summed it up in one word "delicious".
Mar 29, 2017
Love the cookies but mine came out too fragile to handle. I'd appreciate any tips on how to make them a bit firmer. Tried baking a few more minutes but that didn't help. All is not lost, as I'm making the remaining ones into an icebox cake.
Sep 8, 2016
Used butter instead of shortening. Diced the apples and doubled the amount. Thought the cookie was too sweet and not enough apple flavor so I made a glaze with an apple cider reduction (high quality because the flavor will be concentrated).Excellent! Balanced the sweetness, added more apple flavor and texture.
Nov 3, 2015
I wouldn't make these again and actually threw out the dough that I had frozen. The flavor was ok but the cake consistency was terrible. Perhaps if they were made with butter instead of shortening they might be better.
Oct 17, 2015
delicious and different
Oct 6, 2015
Very good,soft cookie!
Oct 5, 2015
I have made these cookies for a long time. A true favorite. Cookies are so soft. I use a whole apple and dice it very fine and leave the skin on. I also add some chocolate chips. My husband says everything is better with chocolate chips!
Sep 14, 2015
Such a yummy, easy, soft cookie
Apr 4, 2015
Easy to make and very tasty. Made per the recipe but doubled the grated apple. They came out moist and soft.
Feb 7, 2015
These were really easy and I liked the addition of the grated apple in them that gave it a unique flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.