Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Fold in peanuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until browned and almost set (centers will be soft). Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 203 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 9, 2018
Thank you for posting this recipe! I had a hankering for peanut cookies that my great-grandma used to make, but all my searches would turn into "peanut butter." They taste just as I remember. I did do half shortening and half butter and I didn't quite have enough peanuts, but they were just as good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.