Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, mix shortening, peanut butter and honey. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-11/2-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 95 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.