Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Even without butter or eggs, these vegan peanut butter cookies are still soft and chewy. No one will be able to tell they're vegan! If you want a little extra texture, feel free to use chunky peanut butter or add ¼ cup crushed peanuts to the dough. —Katie Bandurski, Shorewood, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, sugars and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in almond milk. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape level tablespoonfuls into balls. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
Test Kitchen tips
Originally published as Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies in Fast Track 2019