Low-Fat Peanut Butter Cookies
When you bite into one of these yummy cookies, you'll never guess it's low in fat. This is my family's favorite healthy peanut butter cookie recipe. —Maria Regakis, Saugus, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg white; beat until blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into an 8-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into slices, just over 1/4 in. thick. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; press with a fork to make crisscross pattern. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 8-10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks; cool completely.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 66 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.