Low-Fat Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg white; beat until blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into an 8-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into slices, just over 1/4 in. thick. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; press with a fork to make crisscross pattern. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 8-10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks; cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 66 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2019
Easy to make and yummy dessert after supper.
Feb 9, 2018
There's nothing low-fat about these. And anybody who follows Weight Watchers needs to know there's nothing low fat or healthy about their diet either. Nothing but high sodium and free foods put you over weight every week have a nice day
Apr 7, 2016
Your nutritional facts are lacking the sugar grams. those of us that are weight watchers need that fact.
Oct 29, 2015