Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
You won't believe how easy it is to whip up these soft chewy treats. "Our kids just adore these cookies and ask for them often," says Patty Faussett of Tucson, Arizona.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 178 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Oat Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.