Honey-Lime Almond Cookies
Decades ago my grandmother passed this buttery lime cookie recipe to me. Through years of baking, our cookie memories keep the family connected, although we’re miles apart. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup slivered almonds, finely chopped
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in honey, egg yolk, lime zest and lime juice. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in almonds.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 5-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. If desired, dust with additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 106 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Almond Honey Lime Christmas Cookies in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.