Frosted Peanut Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and peanuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and 1/3 cup milk; add additional milk if necessary. Frost cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 122 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 1, 2019
I love the texture of the oats
May 21, 2010
I made this recipe a while back, and although it is good, I find that it was not extraordinary, and although I would recommend it to others to try because they may enjoy it more than my family did, it did not really appeal to my personal tastes.