Frosted Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Food coloring and decorating sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in flour.Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Tint frosting with food coloring if desired. Frost cookies. Decorate as desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2015
Melty flaky butter cookies! Wow. I would not chill the dough though, it made it too hard and I had to let it sit out for ages before shaping into balls.
Dec 18, 2011
These cookies are my families favorite. I've made this cookie since I found in the magazine years ago. I always chill the dough overnight. Much easier to handle.
Jan 22, 2008
These are the best cookies!! Very easy recipe, with just a few ingredients. We love them!