Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour and vanilla; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in. thick logs. Cut logs into 2-1/2-in. pieces; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate, then dip into nuts; place on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
2 each: 143 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.