Fancy Butter Cookies
My husband and I enjoy these fancy cookies so much that we have a hard time not hiding them from guests! —Thara Baker-Alley, Columbia, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour and vanilla; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in. thick logs. Cut logs into 2-1/2-in. pieces; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate, then dip into nuts; place on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 143 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate-Tipped Butter Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.