Fancy Butter Cookies
My husband and I enjoy these fancy cookies so much that we have a hard time not hiding them from guests! —Thara Baker-Alley, Columbia, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour and vanilla; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in. thick logs. Cut logs into 2-1/2-in. pieces; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate, then dip into nuts; place on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 143 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate-Tipped Butter Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 1998