Frosted Cashew Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda and salt
- 1-1/2 cups salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional cashew halves, optional
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cashews.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, lightly brown butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat; add cream and vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar until thick and smooth. Frost cookies. Top each with a cashew half if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 348 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 30, 2018
My cookies did not spread out the way the picture shows - it stayed in as "dropped". Still good, just not as nicely frosted as the picture.
Dec 19, 2014
These are requested by my kids every Christmas. One year I ran out of vanilla for the frosting and added a couple drops of maple extract. They were even more fabulous that way. Bottom line is that either way they are delicious.
Feb 26, 2014
these are easy to make and taste great
Nov 25, 2013
These were wonderful and so nice and soft just the way we like them.. The only problem, which really wasn't a problem, was that they came out small and puffy. I used the cookie scoop so next time I will just make them bigger :-) Everyone loved them and I know I will make them again. Yummy!!!
Nov 27, 2011
my mother used to make these for me! I'm not a huge nut fan, but when put in cookies- u can't go wrong!
Sep 12, 2011
Delicious! Mouthwatering! Not so easy, but totally worth the effort!
Mar 27, 2011
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!! Highly recommend. I have made these many times, for friends, relatives and bake sales. Everyone LOVES them!!
Dec 17, 2008
These are awesome! I made this for a cookie exchange at work and everyone loved them!!! Very soft with just the right mix of salty and sweet!