Frosted Peanut Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and peanuts.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, in a bowl, beat peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and 1/3 cup milk; add additional milk if necessary. Frost cookies.
1 cookie: 122 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 21, 2010
I made this recipe a while back, and although it is good, I find that it was not extraordinary, and although I would recommend it to others to try because they may enjoy it more than my family did, it did not really appeal to my personal tastes.