Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ice Cream
Want something cool and refreshing after your holiday feast? Serve generous slices of a rich, frosty dessert featuring peanuts, cookies and drizzled ice cream toppings.—TerryAnn Moore, Vineland, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 24 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Chocolate and caramel ice cream topping
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and brown sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until blended. Gradually add milk mixture, cream and vanilla; beat until smooth. Press plastic wrap onto surface of mixture. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, adding half of the chopped cookies and half of the peanuts during the last 2 minutes of processing. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to a 9-in. springform pan.
- Repeat with remaining cream cheese mixture, cookies and peanuts. Transfer to pan. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- To serve, remove rim from pan. Drizzle ice cream with chocolate and caramel toppings. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Ice Cream in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.