Peanut Butter Apple Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 20 servings
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and butter; spoon half into a 3-qt. bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread half over crumb mixture in the bowl. Top with one can of apple pie filling.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and remaining peanut butter until crumbly; sprinkle half over pie filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 13, 2018
I have made this recipe twice and I really love it. I took it to a Church potluck and it not only disappeared but the recipe was requested. A really unusual combination but it's delicious!
Nov 6, 2013
I made this for a group of friends and it received rave reviews. They all wanted a copy of the recipe.
Aug 4, 2013
I made 5 TOH dessert recipes for a big Army potluck we hosted and this was a crowd favorite. People loved the apple and peanut butter combo. I will make again for sure. I enjoy making trifles, and this one is a bit out of the ordinary.
Dec 20, 2012
May 3, 2012
This is an okay recipe. I did not go home with any empty dish. If made again I would omit the cinnamon from the topping. I thought it overpowered the other flavors.
Dec 10, 2011
Easy to make and so good. Always a go to recipe.
Apr 6, 2011
I made this for a luncheon and got wonderful reviews. I made sure everyone knew that it contained peanut butter as someone present might have food allergies. It is indeed delicious!
Feb 12, 2011
I took this dessert to a potluck today & came home with an empty dish.Everyone loved it. I even had to give the recipe to one of the people.