Peanut Butter Apple Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 20 servings
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and butter; spoon half into a 3-qt. bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread half over crumb mixture in the bowl. Top with one can of apple pie filling.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and remaining peanut butter until crumbly; sprinkle half over pie filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 13, 2018
I have made this recipe twice and I really love it. I took it to a Church potluck and it not only disappeared but the recipe was requested. A really unusual combination but it's delicious!
Nov 6, 2013
I made this for a group of friends and it received rave reviews. They all wanted a copy of the recipe.
Aug 4, 2013
I made 5 TOH dessert recipes for a big Army potluck we hosted and this was a crowd favorite. People loved the apple and peanut butter combo. I will make again for sure. I enjoy making trifles, and this one is a bit out of the ordinary.
Dec 20, 2012
May 3, 2012
This is an okay recipe. I did not go home with any empty dish. If made again I would omit the cinnamon from the topping. I thought it overpowered the other flavors.
Dec 10, 2011
Easy to make and so good. Always a go to recipe.
Apr 6, 2011
I made this for a luncheon and got wonderful reviews. I made sure everyone knew that it contained peanut butter as someone present might have food allergies. It is indeed delicious!
Feb 12, 2011
I took this dessert to a potluck today & came home with an empty dish.Everyone loved it. I even had to give the recipe to one of the people.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.