Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cashews, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-2/3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), coarsely chopped
- Place flour and butter in a food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 cup cashews; pulse a few times until combined.
- Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon over crust.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and both pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar and remaining cashews. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 408 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 23, 2019
A friend of mine gave me a recipe just like this in the late 80's but instead of cashews we used peanuts in the crust
Jun 13, 2019
yummy, have made this without peanutbutter, great recipe to make your own, you do not need to use peanutbutter you can use other nut butters
Jun 3, 2019
What a great dessert! Cold, rich and delicious. It was a hit at our family get together this past Christmas. I'm already coming up with other flavor ideas. I will definitely make this again. Though the recipe says serves 16 , to present it properly to your guests, it should be cut into no more than 12 squares.
May 2, 2019
I am not a fan of peanut butter, but my whole family is..so I made this easy to make dessert and my husband and grand kids loved it. I did taste the finished product, and I must say I liked it. Not too sweet. The only change I made was using pecans instead of cashews, hubby is not a fan!
Jun 23, 2018
I made the crust with Pecan sandies just after putting some butter on them I popped it in the oven.
Jan 8, 2018
Love peanut butter-most of the days buy peanut candy-available at the local store here in palakkad-kerala-India,also get hershey peanut butter-buy it sometimes-recipe is good-hope somebody can make it for me.????.p vinod
Oct 15, 2017
This was great! easy to put together but next time going to add 1/2 cup more flour and butter for the crust.
Aug 14, 2017
Made this for the first Packer pre-season game party of the year. Wrote "Go Pack Go!" with the cashew and chocolate pieces on top. It was devoured!! Absolutely delish!
Jul 13, 2017
I've made this dessert without cashews and peanut butter for decades. I use well-chopped walnuts and everything else. I also melt the butter on 50% power and let it cool a bit. So much better and easier. I just now made it with the peanut butter. FANTASTIC. Cannot wait for the next family function. It will be devoured!! For right now, its all MINE!!???
Jun 24, 2017
The problem with this recipe is once you get started you don't know when to stop. This one of the sweet indulging recipe you owe yourself once in a while.