Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pudding Pie with Bananas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Peanut butter cups, optional
- In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice bananas; arrange on bottom of crust. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and chocolate; microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until blended and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Spoon over bananas.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over chocolate mixture. Pipe remaining whipped topping over edge. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving. If desired, serve with cut-up peanut butter cups.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 507 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Sep 19, 2017
Made as written everyone loved it!
Nov 9, 2014
I prepared this recipe for the first time. I did adjust the recipe by using 1/2 cup milk chocolate wafers with 3/4 cup peanut butter (CREAMY) in a double boiler which I stirred over boiling water on my stovetop. I just used 1 package (3.4-oz.) vanilla instant pudding, 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk and 1/2 cup evaporated milk and 1-1/4 cups thawed whipped topping. The balance of the whipped topping, I spread over the filling after chilling the pie, covered, overnight and then returned to my refrigerator to stay chilled.I used a combination of 2 cups of cut-up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with cut-up Snickers Peanut Butter Squares. I made a chocolate crust of chocolate cookie crumbs, crushed in my food processor, then I added the 1/4 cup melted margarine and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. I DID use a 400o F. oven, turned off, to set the cookie crust for 10 minutes and I'd used an 8" round layer pan since I didn't have a pie plate. (I HAD also baked the crust 8 minutes at 350o F., but I felt that I did better by setting the crust in the 400o F. oven, turned off. The layer pan DID hold more, anyway and I fit everything into the pan! I chose not to use bananas! I thought that using the cut-up peanut butter squares/cups would be more interesting! Thank you for this recipe! delowenstein
Jan 24, 2013
I Made this for our Sunday Dinner with the neighbors. Everyone RAVED about it and there were NO leftovers. Incredible blend of Chocolate, Peanut butter and Bananas!!!
Jan 19, 2013
Remember to thaw out the whipped topping in advance!
Dec 24, 2012
I made this for a thanksgiving gathering and it was gone inn minutes. Everyone was begging for the recipe, this is the perfect combo of all things delicious.
Dec 24, 2012
I made this for a thanksgiving gathering and it was gone in minutes.
Nov 29, 2012
A wonderful dessert, ranks up there with thebest I have ever had.Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe