Peanut Butter Banana Pudding
If there's anything I like better than bananas, it's bananas paired with peanut butter. That's how I came up with this pudding. Graham cracker crumbs add a pleasant crunch. It's a satisfying finale to any meal.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) butterscotch cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine milk and pudding mixes until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter until blended. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and confectioners' sugar; cut in remaining peanut butter until crumbly.
- In individual dessert bowls layer half of the pudding, half of the crumb mixture and half of the bananas. Repeat layers.
Editor's Note: This dessert may also be prepared in one large serving bowl.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 399 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Banana Pudding in Country Woman May/June 2003