Peanut Butter Icebox Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 16 Nutter Butter cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups crushed cookies, sugar and butter; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 6-8 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- In another large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup crushed cookies. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 323 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 20, 2020
This is an excellent recipe that has been around for a lot of years. With imagination you can use different flavors and puddings...coconut is especially good as is plain old chocolate. But, in my day it was called "The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford"!
Jul 7, 2019
I had to split this into two pans (deep dish pie pans) so my pb loving neighbor could have some too. Both the hubs and the neighbor pronounced it "scrumptious!"
Sep 24, 2016
I brought this dessert to work and they all raved about it. I will make it again!
Mar 10, 2010
We love peanutbutter, and this is good!!
Dec 13, 2008
"Leftover crushed cookies"--what are leftover cookies?! LOL