Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 peanut butter cups, cut into small wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar, cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter on high for 30 seconds or until softened. Spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour 1 cup into a bowl; set aside. Pour remaining filling over peanut butter layer.
- In a microwave, heat 1/4 cup fudge topping on high for 30 seconds or until thin; fold into reserved cream cheese mixture. Carefully pour over filling; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Microwave remaining fudge topping for 30 seconds or until warmed; spread over cheesecake. Garnish with peanut butter cups. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 574 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Apr 15, 2018
Made this for my coworkers and it was a humongous hit! Didn’t change a thing and will definitely be making it often!!
Mar 6, 2018
I made this for my daughter's 30th birthday and it was a smash hit! Other than using an all-oreo crust I made this as written. It was easy and so, so good. Will definitely keep in my recipe box and make again!
Jan 13, 2018
This is an excellent cheesecake. I made it as written for Thanksgiving, then omitted the peanut butter and candy cups and use this as my basic cheesecake recipe. Comes out beautiful everytime. Only difference is I use a waterbath when I bake it.
Dec 4, 2017
Dawn thank you for posting this outrageously delicious sounding cheesecake recipe. I will be making this for the holidays for sure. Funny this California girl (me) knows where Hatboro is. I made a galant attempt to get there so I could go to DaddyPops Diner&did several things!
Nov 5, 2017
I actually made this in August for my daughters b’day. It was fabulous! Even my husband, who isn’t a huge cheesecake fan, liked it. I will be making this again!
Aug 14, 2017
Very easy and delicious. It was a big hit at our bbq.
Jun 11, 2017
Made this recipe exactly as written for a graduation party. It was a huge hit and was gone in no time. Wouldn't change a thing.
Jan 9, 2017
OMG - SO easy and SO delicious!! This was my first time to make cheesecake - I was scared but it was so simple and tasted fabulous : ) Def will make it again and again
Dec 29, 2016
I doubled the recipe and made it in a 10x14-inch pan. I needed to make it gluten-free, so I used only GF "graham" crumbs, increasing the amount to total both kinds of crumbs. Instead of hot fudge topping stirred into the chocolate layer, I melted dark chocolate into some milk and stirred it into 1/3 of the batter. I left 1/3 plain, and I stirred the peanut butter into the other 1/3. I layered them in the pan, chocolate on bottom, plain in the middle, and PB on top. I baked it about an hour and 10 minutes. Tomorrow I'll melt chocolate in milk again and put it on top as a ganache, with PB cups chopped on top. (I used the recipe on this page to make GF PB cups: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/homemade-peanut-butter-cups.) I actually had some crumbs left over from doubling the recipe, so I made a tiny cheesecake in a grab-it dish and sampled it. Delicious!
Dec 16, 2016
This cheesecake was delicious! Made it according to the recipe with the exception of the chocolate cookies - used chocolate wafers instead of sandwich cookies and it worked like a dream. Brought it to work and there's nothing left but crumbs!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.