Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 peanut butter cups, cut into small wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar, cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter on high for 30 seconds or until softened. Spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour 1 cup of the filling into a bowl; set aside. Pour remaining filling over peanut butter layer.
- In a microwave, heat 1/4 cup fudge topping on high for 30 seconds or until thin; fold into reserved cream cheese mixture. Carefully pour over filling; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Microwave remaining fudge topping for 30 seconds or until warmed; spread over cheesecake. Garnish with peanut butter cups. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 574 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 23, 2018
This is an awesome recipe. The only change I make is to add peanut butter cups to the batter before baking. I still include them on top as well. Delicious! Thanks for sharing this easy and tasty recipe!
Dec 11, 2018
This recipe has been a family favorite for more than 10 years, after first seeing it in Taste of Home magazine. Our copy is getting a bit frayed, glad to see the recipe is available online. Delicious!
Nov 9, 2018
Made this for wife's church bake sale several years ago, and they've begged for another every subsequent year. It has always cracked in the past, so this year I baked at 325°F for 55 minutes with a pan of water in the oven, then turned off the oven and left it in oven with door cracked for 15 more minutes. No cracks in cake! Also helpful to know: 1.25 c Graham Cramer crumbs is 11 crackers; 0.25 c Oreo crumbs is 3 Oreo cookies.
Apr 15, 2018
Made this for my coworkers and it was a humongous hit! Didn’t change a thing and will definitely be making it often!!
Mar 6, 2018
I made this for my daughter's 30th birthday and it was a smash hit! Other than using an all-oreo crust I made this as written. It was easy and so, so good. Will definitely keep in my recipe box and make again!
Jan 13, 2018
This is an excellent cheesecake. I made it as written for Thanksgiving, then omitted the peanut butter and candy cups and use this as my basic cheesecake recipe. Comes out beautiful everytime. Only difference is I use a waterbath when I bake it.
Dec 4, 2017
Dawn thank you for posting this outrageously delicious sounding cheesecake recipe. I will be making this for the holidays for sure. Funny this California girl (me) knows where Hatboro is. I made a galant attempt to get there so I could go to DaddyPops Diner&did several things!
Nov 5, 2017
I actually made this in August for my daughters b’day. It was fabulous! Even my husband, who isn’t a huge cheesecake fan, liked it. I will be making this again!
Aug 14, 2017
Very easy and delicious. It was a big hit at our bbq.
Jun 11, 2017
Made this recipe exactly as written for a graduation party. It was a huge hit and was gone in no time. Wouldn't change a thing.