Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 35 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), frozen and chopped
- 1 Butterfinger candy bar (2.1 ounces), frozen and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chopped candy bars. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle chopped candy bar over cheesecake; drizzle with butterscotch topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 667 calories, 44g fat (24g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 9, 2016
This was my first time making a cheesecake and this recipe was really easy!!! At the time I couldn't find chocolate wafers so I took two pre-made chocolate pie crust and popped them into a bag and crushed them up with a roller! It's a lot easier that way!!!
Jan 1, 2015
I really like this recipe. I actually baked my cheesecake at 300 for about 80 minutes and it cooked perfectly. Be sure to let it cool for at least one hour and refrigerate 24 hours. It will taste better. Also, I added more butterfingers to the recipe and melted butterscotch chips over the top, plus used chocolate graham crackers instead of the wafers.
Jan 28, 2011
Mine turned out a little undercooked in the center but still very good. I'm not a big fan of the chocolate wafer cookie crust though. The butterfinger flavor seemed great to me, and I loved the butterscotch on top!
Dec 28, 2010
I made this cheesecake for Christmas and it went over very well. I did add 4 butterfingers to the batter and left off the butterscotch topping. Overall, a very good recipe.
Jun 20, 2010
OK SO I MADE IT 2 MORE TIMES SINCE MY LAST REVIEW AND DOUBLED THE AMOUNT OF BUTTERFINGER FROM 3 TO 6 INSIDE AND IT WAS PERFECT AND EVERYBIT AS GOOD AS I WANTED IT TO BE! =)
May 31, 2010
AFTER MAKING A FEW OTHER OF THE CHEESECAKES, I REALLY THOUGHT THIS ONE WOULD BE MY FAVORITE. I FOUND THAT THE RECIPE ITSELF WAS GREAT! THE ONLY THING I HAD AN ISSUE WITH WAS WHEN IT WAS FINISHED THE BUTTERFINGER FLAVOR JUST WASN'T STRONG ENOUGH, ALMOST NON-EXISTANT. TODAY I AM GOING TO ATTEMP THIS CHEESECAKE AGAIN, HOWEVER I AM GOING TO DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF BUTTERFINGER INSIDE OF THE CHEESECAKE.