To me, there is nothing better than a simple, elegant cheesecake where the vanilla takes center stage. And when I'm feeling decadent, I'll add the rich chocolate ganache topping. —Ellen Riley, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each ) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°. Mix cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 551 calories, 37g fat (21g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.