Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed and crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup black or red currant jelly
- 3 cups fresh or frozen whole raspberries
- For crust, combine flour, sugar and half of lemon zest. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in egg yolk and half of vanilla. Pat one-third of dough onto the bottom of 9-in. springform pan with the side removed. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes or until golden; cool. Attach side of pan to bottom; pat remaining dough onto side of pan to height of 1-3/4 in. Set aside.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in milk and salt. Add eggs and yolk, beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the remaining lemon zest.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Combine sauce ingredients in saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from heat; strain to remove seeds. Cool. Just before serving, top cheesecake with raspberries and sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 313 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 12, 2015
The cheesecake tasted so.... terrific. I tried it with the raspberry mousse recipe (as filling) and gave of a really raspberry taste the my family and I loved.
Jun 30, 2009
This is my favorite cheese cake,I love the crust on this cake :) (I make it without the berries)