Chocolate Banana Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg and egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Gently stir in the banana, chocolate chips and vanilla. Pour half of the batter over crust.
- Combine cocoa and oil until blended; stir into remaining batter. Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter in pan; gently spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or just until center is set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before cutting.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 231 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 25, 2012
I made this for my son's birthday - it was absolutely delicious and vanished in minutes. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Mine did crack a little on top, but it certainly didn't affect the taste.