Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake
Toasted sesame seeds add crunch to the graham cracker crust of this luscious dessert. "Years ago, I led a homemaking course on dairy foods, and this pie was adapted from one of the recipes I used in that class. Everyone always wants seconds." —Audrey Armour, Thamesford, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sesame seeds, wheat germ and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In another small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture. Immediately fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, drain raspberries, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1 cup. Set raspberries aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and raspberry juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; gently stir in lemon juice. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gently stir in raspberries. Spoon over pie. Refrigerate until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 412 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Cheesecake Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2008