Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add the semisweet chocolate; stir until melted.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute and sugar until smooth. Gradually add the chocolate mixture and cocoa. Beat in vanilla. Pour onto crust; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Arrange raspberries on top of cheesecake. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 237 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Dec 31, 2018
Great recipe. Looks beautiful with raspberries on top. Relatively simple to make. I just used regular sugar, 1 cup plus 1/2 cup.
Feb 19, 2013
My whole family loved this cheesecake. It is a bit softer than regular cheesecake, but it was easy to put together and tasted great. This is a nice lower sugar cheesecake, which my diabetic dad really appreciated. No one else noticed it was lower sugar. It was a yummy Valentine's Day treat!
Feb 15, 2008
I love Cheesecake and Chocolate. I made this for Valentines Day and I'm sad to say that after 1 piece this went in the trash! I think the combination of artifical sweetner and chocolate was too much. The only thing I tasted was the splenda.
Feb 9, 2008
My question also?
Feb 6, 2008
the recipe sounds good, but just out of curiosity, why are we using both sugar and sugar substitute?