Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 27 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and miniature milk chocolate kisses, optional
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on baking sheet and bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- For filling, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cocoa and beat well. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and the melted chocolate mixture just until blended. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. For topping, place chocolate chips in a bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over filling. Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and miniature chocolate kisses if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 411 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2019
This cheesecake is amazing!! So smooth and rich. And it is not hard to make at all!!! I used crushed up chocolate teddy grahams for the crust. Would decrease the amount of vanilla in the ganache if you use real vanilla. Am going to try this with dark chocolate next time instead of semi-sweet. Brought this in for work and the girls loved it!!! Will be making this again very soon.
Feb 17, 2019
I made this and won first prize at the church dessert/chili contest. Thanks Taste of Home! It was easy and delicious.
Nov 28, 2018
Can’t decide if the flavor outshines the presentation! Outstanding rich and creamy texture with deep chocolate flavor. Served with fresh raspberries. Absolutely a winner.
May 16, 2018
This is the ultimate chocolate rush dessert! Wow! It goes together quick and easy. I did add a little more cream to the topping so it stayed soft.
May 5, 2018
I thought this cheesecake was very good. I loved the cookie crust, which I used crushed up Oreos, one of my favorite parts of the cheesecake! . The filling was excellent. My family enjoyed it and not a sliver was left. The reason I gave it 4 stars was bc I didn’t really care for the chocolate topping. It was too thick and hard to cut into. I just peeled that layer off. My kids and husband seemed to enjoy it all though. Next time I’m either going to try a different topping or leave it off all together.
Dec 20, 2017
Made two cheesecakes for my dad’s 81st birthday party. Absolutely delicious and quick. I also tried the Lemony White Chocolate cheesecake listed here. Both are heavenly and wiped out clean. No leftovers darn! I too agree a tiny bit more cream in the topping would have helped with the spreading consistency of the chocolate topping.
Apr 16, 2017
Awesome recipe! Made it today exactly as written for Easter dessert and it was so delicious! Everyone loved it. Will definitely be a go to recipe.
Apr 15, 2017
I made as the recipe says exactly and it was superb! My husband said it was excellent and he doesn't use that word lightly!
Apr 6, 2017
Delicious, my family loved it. I didn't change anything and it turned out great!
Feb 22, 2017
This is SO good! I increased the amounts by 1/3 because my springform pan is 10 inches and I didn't want the cheesecake to be too thin. I also lightened it up a little: I used skim milk instead of cream to melt the chocolate in, and 2/3 light cream cheese / 1/3 regular cream cheese. It didn't taste like it was missing anything, although I haven't tried the recipe with the full-fat versions of the ingredients. Can't wait to make this one again!