Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- For a pourable ganache, cool, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 85°-90° and is slightly thickened, about 40 minutes. Pour over cake, allowing some to drape down the sides. Spread ganache with a spatula if necessary to evenly coat, working quickly before it thickens. Let stand until set.
- For spreadable ganache, chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches a spreading consistency. Spread over cake.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 135 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 25, 2020
Every recipe I see for ganache has a different ratio of cream to chocolate. How can they all be so different for just 2 ingredients? help
Mar 12, 2019
Super good. Can use butter in a pinch. So easy.
Feb 18, 2017
easy and delicious
Mar 27, 2016
Easy to make, rich and delicious. Used on contest winning moist chocolate cake from this site. I found that it did not need 40 minutes to set up for pouring, but more like 15 to 20 minutes.
Dec 14, 2015
Quick, easy, and delicious. I used it to glaze a cheesecake.
Nov 28, 2013
Family loved this on a chocolate pie!
Jan 30, 2012
quick easy good
Jul 13, 2010
This was a very easy recipe to follow. I had extra Ganache and so I dipped some strawberries and they came out great!