Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- For a pourable ganache, cool, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 85°-90° and is slightly thickened, about 40 minutes. Pour over cake, allowing some to drape down the sides. Spread ganache with a spatula if necessary to evenly coat, working quickly before it thickens. Let stand until set.
- For spreadable ganache, chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches a spreading consistency. Spread over cake.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 135 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 18, 2017
easy and delicious
Mar 27, 2016
Easy to make, rich and delicious. Used on contest winning moist chocolate cake from this site. I found that it did not need 40 minutes to set up for pouring, but more like 15 to 20 minutes.
Dec 14, 2015
Quick, easy, and delicious. I used it to glaze a cheesecake.
Nov 28, 2013
Family loved this on a chocolate pie!
Jan 30, 2012
quick easy good
Jul 13, 2010
This was a very easy recipe to follow. I had extra Ganache and so I dipped some strawberries and they came out great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.