Chocolate Malt Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate malt powder
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar and chocolate curls, optional
- Combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add malt powder; beat well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° until center is almost set, 60-65 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove sides of pan. Garnish with confectioners' sugar and chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 369 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 31, 2019
Delicious but incredibly rich. Serve very small slices. Everyone loves first few bites, but it becomes overwhelming if too much is eaten at one time. Will go a long way to serve at least 16 people. Leave them wanting more and it will be a hit!
Apr 27, 2011
SO DELICIOUS! I baked this for Easter. It was the first time I've ever tried to make cheesecake. It turned out beautifully - no cracking or bubbling. This cheesecake received rave reviews for the whole clan & I was asked by 4 people for the recipe. This recipe made me look like a "top chef"!