Chocolate Malt Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate malt powder
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar and chocolate curls, optional
- Combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add malt powder; beat well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° until center is almost set, 60-65 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove sides of pan. Garnish with confectioners' sugar and chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 369 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 27, 2011
SO DELICIOUS! I baked this for Easter. It was the first time I've ever tried to make cheesecake. It turned out beautifully - no cracking or bubbling. This cheesecake received rave reviews for the whole clan & I was asked by 4 people for the recipe. This recipe made me look like a "top chef"!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.