Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 32 wafers)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained, rinsed and quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 ounce white baking chocolate
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla. Gently fold in cherries and pecans. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a microwave, melt the semisweet chocolate, butter and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Cool for 2 minutes; pour over cheesecake. Spread over the top and let it run down the sides. Cool.
- In a small saucepan, melt white chocolate and remaining shortening. Drizzle over the top. Cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 405 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 26, 2015
Made it, and it was great! Used a chocolate ganache in place of the regular topping, and added some almond extract (in addition to the vanilla) to intensify the cherry flavor. Dadbar42, in answer to your question, I usually put parchment paper on the bottom of my cheesecake pans, and then after removing the side form, I can slide the whole cheesecake easily into my serving dish. Hope that helps!
Dec 25, 2013
Presentation is very nice and tastes wonderful.
Nov 6, 2013
First, I do NOT like cream cheese, but I love to make cheesecakes for my family that loves them! So I am always looking for new recipes to impress my sister-in-laws! Good luck, I know! But, this looks wonderful, I only have one problem. Every time I make one I am scared to death of taking it off the spring-foam pan bottom. But I have pretty cake plates I use. If I leave it on the metal pan bottom, it slides! I am just waiting for someone to send it to the floor! Help!!
Dec 16, 2010
I made this for a Church Christmas dinner. It was delish! Instead of drizzling white chocolate over the top, I made white chocolate curls. Excellent recipe!
May 2, 2010
I made this recipe as directed, it was delicious however I found it a little too sweet for my liking. I made the following changes and it's absolutely fabulous. Everyone asked for the recipe. Crust - I added 1/4 cup almonds. Cheese layer - cut sugar to 1/2 cup, changed vanilla extract to almond extract, I added almonds instead of pecans. If you make the changes it will be one of your favorite recipe.
Apr 15, 2010
I love this cheesecake. It looks so rich and it is. I made it for Christmas and everyone loved it. It looks like a lot of work but it isn't. I do cheat on the crust. I get a ready made one and crust it up with a little butter and press it into the springform pan.
Mar 28, 2010
Easy to make and delicious
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.