Cherry Pineapple Fruitcake
This is the finishing touch to our Christmas dinner. My family always claimed they didn't like fruitcake, but they love this one! For the best flavor, let it sit overnight before slicing.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + cooling
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, combine the cherries, pineapple, pecans and 1 cup flour; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine baking powder and remaining flour; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in fruit mixture.
- Spoon into a greased and waxed paper-lined 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Remove waxed paper while warm; cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 600 calories, 36g fat (16g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cherry Pineapple Fruitcake in Country Woman Christmas 2002