New York Cheesecake with Shortbread Crust
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar and lemon zest; cut in butter until crumbly. Add egg yolks and vanilla, tossing with a fork until mixture pulls together.
- Press onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake until lightly browned, 12-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, flour, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Add eggs and egg yolks; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 596 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 222mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 26, 2019
Amazing!!!!this is the BEST cheesecake l have ever had. I made it 3 days ahead to allow time for it to mellow. I used a glass bottomed, silicon spring form pan, love the pan too. This may be the only cheesecake l make in the future. Janet VFE