Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate chip cookies or chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add water and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls over filling, gently pushing dough below surface (dough should be completely covered by filling). Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 551 calories, 36g fat (22g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 10, 2017
My son seen this recipe and wanted this for his birthday tomorrow instead of a traditional cake. I'm a decent baker and followed this recipe to the T....epic fail!!! It baked for over an hour and when the edges started to brown I took it out thinking it certainly has to be done. Cooled the cheesecake for 10 minutes as it said and took the ring off only to have it shift because it was indeed raw I'm the middle all over the counter. I managed to scrape most of it up and put it in a pan. The cookie crust was a chocolate goo not stable enough to be a crust for this dessert. I baked it for another 20-30 min and hope it's done. Tastes good...looks like a hot mess. #disappointed
Jan 5, 2016
Delicious recipe! My family loved it! Very creative to combine cookie dough with cheesecake.
Nov 8, 2015
This cheesecake is awesome! It was one of my most-requested recipes when I baked at the coffee shop and still remains a favorite with my family and friends. Instead of sprinkling it with mini chocolate chips, I like to top it with a ganache.
Oct 24, 2015
I made this for a friend's birthday and everyone loves it. I got so many compliments. :-) this one is a keeper in my book.The cheesecake was flavorful and the cookie dough with it is just the perfect combo, and one I haven't thought of before - genius!
Mar 11, 2015
This is an outstanding recipe. I used oreo cookies blended to make the crust and the result was very tasty. The cheesecake base could be used for other types of cheesecake also. Thanks TOH for a great recipe. I can see why it was award winning.
Mar 8, 2015
I actually recall making this cheesecake back in 1999! I'd taken it to a chapel holiday function! It went over VERY WELL and FAST, too! I had prepared this recipe when it was featured in Taste of Home! This IS a wonderful combination of cheesecake/chocolate-chip cookie dough for anyone who enjoys BOTH! Thank you for this recipe! delowenstein
Dec 7, 2014
I make this for every holiday dinner. It is even great without the cookie dough add ins.
Jul 22, 2014
So, with a little trial and error I've made my own alterations to it that in my opinion made it better.For those of you who do not like springform pans or making your own pie crust, the amount of filling this creates can fill 2 premade 9" pie crusts you find at the grocery store. I also add the flour in heaping 1/4 cup fulls to prevent it from being so sticky when trying to form small balls of dough. So, I would say 3/4 cup flour instead of 1/2 cup. All in all the cheesecake base is delicious and it's a hit whenever I serve it!
Apr 5, 2014
I made this for my son's army going away party. It was a hit for sure!!! Everyone raved about it! The recipe is so easy and I never imagined it could be so good!!! I can't wait to make it again!!!
Jan 10, 2014
I have made this delectable cheesecake many times..It is by far my favorite. .Very simple & oh so good!