Crustless New York Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and top is dry to the touch (center 5 inches of cheesecake will not be set). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fruit. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 330 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 23, 2018
I have used an almost identical recipe for cheesecake for decades. The only difference is my recipe uses a lb. of creamed cottage cheese in lieu of the ricotta and it calls for a teaspoon of vanilla. I always use 3 packages of cream cheese. Try those substitutions and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. (Run the cottage cheese through a food processor or blender to make it very smooth before adding it.)
Jun 22, 2018
This recipe is totally off. It calls for a 9 inch spring form but the ingredients fill a 10 1/2 form. It come out bland and uninteresting. One can hardly call it "chesse cake" let along "New York Cheesecake" There are many recipes that are much better.
Nov 26, 2009
after letting the cake sit for overnite, it tasted much better i guess i will make iot again
Nov 25, 2009
i thought it was rather tasteless. i'll go back to using more cream cheese n grahmcracker crusts
May 5, 2009
Got loads of compliments on this recipe! Light, very tasty and easy to make.It was just a little bit softer than I thought it should be so next time I will add a little more flour or cornstarch. This one is a keeper!!